Sunday, October 19, 2008

blog - Result of Third TOEFL (9/28)

This could not have happened. (I apologize for writing this in English. Revealed that I need to immerse myself in the English world to the unprecedented extent!)

Reading: 27 (-1)
Listening: 16 (-10)
Speaking: 19 (+1)
Writing: 28 (+3)

Total: 90 (-7)

(*) 30 points for each. The full is 120. The difference from the previous is bracketed.


The listening is the worst. One of the reasons is, I guess, the dummy questions. As I noted before, I needed to take additional questions on the day. And, to my surprise, there were the exact same questions! I was totally confused, and irritated. But, admittedly, my listening was not so good. Thus I determined to practise it again though, rather, I think, and I believe, I just need to have confidence on it. I can do that as it stands!

The speaking is much below my expectation. My aim was 22 points at least. I had finished my speaking work book, but God say it was not enough. All right! Although there's only one week, I'll show you what will happen when I totally commit myself to something. I don't speak Japanese any more. I don't write email in Japanese at all. Not even thinking in Japanese. I'm completely a man who speaks English and gets more than 26 points at the next.

Also, reading a book aloud is important, I found it. Recently I didn't do that at all, because I restrained myself from reading newspaper. But, it seems that the time has come. I read everything out loud! Everything, anything! I need to make my tongue fluently, much more!

Again, a hundred is the minimum requirement to go to MBA schools. Top schools require over 115 points. I need prove myself competent enough to go there.


Yes. The time has come!

No comments: